I had originally booked a hotel reservation in Paris to stay in Pigalle, which is apparently the new Logan Square of Paris. But then I was like ehhh this hotel is all modern and cool but how much am I going to stay in the room and plus it’s farther out and we need to pack a lot in on our weekend in Paris, maybe I should cancel the reservation and stay closer and maybe also save some $?
Cut to me clicking too fast and booking a new hotel on the left bank that’s $100 more expensive and non refundable. Oopsie…
I maintain it’s better located and honestly what’s a $100, there’s no way we were staying anywhere cheaper that weekend and most other hotels I looked at were booked solid, so it’s not that big of a deal, but at the same time, OF COURSE I spent more money when my original purpose was to save money.
1. 30 days til our big fat Italian wedding!
2. We’ve finalized our menu, and let me tell you, I’ve outdone myself in working with the chef to get this thing #correct. The restaurant is nationally renowned, so you know that shit gon’ be doooope, and the space is incredible. It’s a 6 course menu + cocktail hour with passed plates. My dishes include risotto with truffles picked just outside the restaurant and a liquored up zabaione with melon sauce. All of that for about $95 a person, INCLUDING ALL THE WINEZ. Tell me again how I should have had my wedding in America and pay at least that for mediocre food, have to pay thousands and thousands for open bar, and still have to pay to rent the space and all the chairs tables linens and dishes?? GTFO America. You do it so, so wrong.
3. Also, because there’s only three weeks until I leave, I’m working on my memorandum to the office outlining where I am on all my files. While this sounds tedious and boring, I am SO HAPPY to be writing it. IM ON VACA LONG ENOUGH TO NEED SOMEONE REASSIGNED TO MY CASES!! YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!
4. I bought a bag of Charms blow pops for my office candy bowl so obviously that is a major highlight of my day.
5. My gifts to amavalapizza and my oldest best friend from back home who is attending the wedding arrived yesterday and I literally squealed for like 10 min after I opened the box. And now also I really want to buy them for myself because they are SO GREAT!!!! Will post about them after K gets them, the surprise is TOO good.